What is a custom column?
Custom columns allow you to set up an additional, customized data field that will be attached to your RFQ or order.
For example, if you want to set up a "spend category" for an RFQ or an order, a custom column is the way to do it.
Custom columns can be shared with the supplier or visible only to you and members of your organization.
How to set up a custom column?
- Go to the "RFQs" page by clicking on the navigation bar at the top of your screen.
- Look for the "+" button in the top right corner of the table.
- Enter your column name. It can be any name that represents the data field (for instance, "spend category").
- Optional: If you want the custom column to be visible to suppliers, turn on "This field should be visible to suppliers".
- Optional: If you want suppliers to be able to input this field from their end, turn on "This field should be filled by the supplier".
- Then, click on the data type you want to assign to this column (for instance, "Text").
How to edit a custom column?
You can always edit a custom column name or settings by clicking on the column itself in the RFQ table.